We would like to thank all of our patrons and donors for their support and flexibility during this past season and a half of adapting. While we still face challenges, we are excited to announce that we plan to return to full capacity seating for the 21-22 Season.
We also wanted to let you know that the mask requirement is being lifted. However, please know that lifting the mask requirement does not prohibit anyone at a higher risk or anyone who just feels more comfortable wearing a mask from continuing to do so.
During all the tour changes, 20+ shows were rescheduled into the 21-22 Season. These shows are on sale now at full capacity seating.
Check out a full list of events on sale now on our Shows & Events page.
The remaining 21-22 season shows will be announced in our season magazine in late July with Public On Sale August 6, 2021, at 10:00 A.M. While some shows will remain at one price for the 21-22 season, some performances will now have three-tiered pricing for some shows in order to allow for more range in our ticket prices. Click here to review the tiered seating chart.
Thank you everyone for helping us open this past season as safely as possible! As we look forward to the 21-22 season, we are still dedicated to keeping you safe.
We are #OneStepCloser!
updated safety protocols
What is the same:
- Friendly Newberry Opera House Staff and Ambassadors to welcome you home.
- Great performers on the Newberry Opera House stage!
- Cold beverages in collector’s cups
- Soaking up the energy of a live performance.
- Hand sanitizer throughout the venue.
What has been adjusted:
- Guests who are ill or have someone who is ill in their household are still requested to not attend performances.
- Seating is returning to full capacity seating. Click here to review the seating chart.
- Guest, volunteers, and staff will wear masks at their comfort level. While the mask requirement has been lifted, this does not prohibit someone at higher risk or who is more comfortable wearing a mask from continuing to do so.
- Cleaning and sanitation regiments will remain vigilant especially for high-touch surfaces such as railings, seats, and door handles.
- Building doors and seating will open approximately 45 minutes prior to the performance. There is No entry prior to that time.
- Only one door will be open for entrance (Boyce St. next to Memorial Park under the NOH canopy). Each person is to hold their own ticket as it will be scanned at the entrance door.
- The performance hall is on the second floor. As there is only one elevator, we recommend using the stairs when possible.
- We hope to bring back artist merchandise sales and meet & greets where possible.
Return to 100% Capacity Seating
A huge thank you to everyone who has kept their tickets through all the date changes. If your show was rescheduled from a reduced capacity seating show to a full capacity seating show now in the 21-22 season, you have the option to call the box office and request a seat change. Do you want to see if you can sit next to your friends who also have tickets? Looking for a seat down front or on an aisle? The box office will be glad to review any seating options now available. Please keep in mind that as rescheduled shows have now returned to sale, seating will begin to become limited for some shows so call now 803-276-6264.
If you have an email in our system and have tickets for a rescheduled show, you will receive (or have already received) an email with a PDF attachment, which is the new ticket for the new date.
If you are a ticket holder for one of the rescheduled shows, please review the date, time, and seats. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the box office at 803-276-6264. Tickets with previous dates will not scan at the door. Make sure to print the new tickets and bring them to the new date. Please print each ticket on a separate sheet for quicker scanning at the door. If you do not have an email, your tickets will be mailed to you.
If for any reason you cannot attend the new date, you can select one of the following choices as long as you contact the box office no later than 48 hours prior to the performance:
- Donate The Value of Your Tickets:
As a 501(c)(3), any donation to the Newberry Opera House would be tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law. Please consult your tax advisor for details.
- Exchange Your Tickets:
Check out NewberryOperaHouse.com for a full list of performances for which you can exchange your tickets. (If the ticket is for a greater value, then you would owe the difference.)
- Get a NOH “Gift Card” Credit on Your Account:
You can choose to receive a NOH gift card or credit on your NOH account for the value of your tickets. Gift Cards can be used at the NOH for up to 5 years from the date of issuance.
The Situation is Fluid So Keep Watching for Updates:
We are optimistic about the future, but we know that more dates could change as this situation is fluid. Thank you again for your patience and understanding. Sometimes dates are still changing. For a full list of shows affected by COVID-19 related rescheduling please visit: https://www.newberryoperahouse.com/blog/noh-covid19.html
*As things are changing rapidly, please visit our COVID-19 page often for up-to-date information as artists postpone, change date, or cancel their tours.*