We want your time with us to be a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone involved. For that reason, here are some extra tips from our lady of the house, Penelope!
- Alcoholic beverages served by Newberry Opera House employees and ambassadors are not permitted outside of the building. Please dispose of any unfinished beer or wine before exiting.
- No outside food or drink will be allowed.
- For the safety of our guests and staff, The Newberry Opera House reserves the right to refuse alcoholic beverage service to anyone who is deemed to be at risk of being overserved. Thank you for your understanding in advance.
- During performances, some guests like to let the music move them! If this is distracting to you consider the orchestra boxes or balcony when purchasing tickets.
- When redeeming a student discount note that students are defined as children 18 and under or College students with ID.
- Please be scam aware and verify that you are on the correct site. Only purchase tickets from our website or by calling the Box Office at 803-276-6264. If tickets are purchased from a resale site you will likely pay more, have invalid tickets, or not be able to get help from our Box Office staff since we would not have a record of the transaction.
Make Your Own
The wildly popular ‘Make Your Own' series returns with even more shows available in the build your own package. New this year, the more you buy the more you save! Most shows (excluding rental and community events) are available for this package. You must mention the Make Your Own Package at the beginning of your phone or in-person order or use the discounts below online.
- Buy four shows and save 10%, Discount Code: MakeYourOwn4
- Buy eight shows and save 15%, Discount Code: MakeYourOwn8
- Buy twelve shows for a 20%, Discount Code: MakeYourOwn12
Performances must be purchased together. With so much to choose from, the possibilities are endless!
All sales are final. Discounts cannot be combined, are not retroactive, and are subject to availability. Series prices do not include the $5 per ticket facility nor the $5 per order handling fee that will be charged at check-out. A $3 per order shipping fee will be charged if you choose to have your tickets mailed. There is no charge to have a pdf of your tickets e-mailed to you nor to pick them up in will call.
Have 10 close friends? 10 co-workers? An upcoming family reunion? Any combination of 10 or more people qualifies for special discounts to Newberry Opera House productions (some exclusions may apply). Enjoy a $5 discount per ticket on most performances when you buy your tickets as a group. When planning, please remember fees, especially the $5 per ticket facility fee.
Please know that the safety of our patrons is very important to us. Click here for more information about our updated safety procedures including the removal of the mask and reduced capacity seating mandates.
For shows more than 30 days out, you can put your tickets on a courtesy hold with a deposit of 50% due no later than 2 weeks from the reservation. Final numbers and payment are due approximately one month before your scheduled visit.
The Opera House reserves the right to limit the number of group tickets for any given performance.
Don’t forget backstage tours are available on non-show days!
Group Information Guide
Newberry Opera House
Guidelines for Group Orders:
To qualify as a group: 10 or more people must attend the same performance (date and time) and must have one contact for payment and communication. Group prices are not available online.
Discount: Most shows, but not all, have a $5 discount on each regular ticket. For clarification, contact the NOH Box Office. If the ticket number falls below 10, tickets will return to full price. Don't forget fees in your planning.
Comps: Comp tickets are no longer available.
Deposit: A 50% non-refundable/non- transferable deposit is required to reserve seats for performances. The deposit is due two weeks from the reservation date and applied to the total amount due.
Final Payment: - Due one month before the performance. All sales are final.
Fees: Prices shown on the group flier, which will be emailed to group leader contacts in our system, include the $5 per ticket facility fee. The prices in the brochure magazine do not include these fees. There is a $5 per order handling fee and a $3 per order shipping fee for group orders. If changes to an order are needed, please contact the Box Office at (803) 276-6264 before final payment is made.