When will concessions be available?
At most events, ticketed and non-ticketed, concessions are available in the lobby when the lobby opens 45 minutes prior to the performance. The bar will close at least 30 minutes prior to the show's end. Please check with your concessions volunteer for exact closing times on the night of your visit.
What types of payments are accepted?
The Newberry Opera House accepts all major credit and debit cards and cash payments. Did you know that we continue to offer contactless pay? Check out goes so much faster with Google Pay, Apple Pay, and credit cards with the contactless payment option.
Can I pre-order my beverages?
Yes! We are excited to announce that you can now pre-order your concessions items online and pick them up when you arrive. You must be 21+ to order and pick up your items. Please have a valid ID ready at pickup. Orders may be claimed up to 15 minutes after the show starts. After that time, you may walk-up to order your items. All sales are final.
Does EVERYTHING have to be placed in a Collector's Cup?
No! While all beer and wine must be placed in a Collector's Cup, our non-alcoholic products do not! You may enjoy sodas, teas, and water in the original plastic bottles inside our performance space, as long as you purchase them from our concessions area or online.
How many drinks can I order at a time?
Good Question! The Newberry Opera House follows the "one drink per hand" rule when ordering alcoholic beverages at our bars or picking up your online orders. It is really nice if you are buying beverages for others in your party, but if you plan to order or pick up more than two alcoholic beverages at a time, please bring another adult of legal drinking age from your party to assist you in carrying your purchases.
Newberry opera house collector's cups
All alcoholic beverages must be served in a Newberry Opera House collector's cup. The cups cost $12.00 each and include your first beverage. Each you return to the bar with your collector's cup, you will subsequently receive beverages for the refill price. Bring your cup each time you visit and save money on beer and wine!
Non-alcoholic beverages like sodas and teas purchased at the Opera House, which have bottles with caps, do not require cups.
If you forget your collector's cup when visiting the Newberry Opera House, you will need to purchase a new one in order to consume alcohol on our premises. They make great road-trip cups so take them everywhere with you and tag us on social media! #NOHCupAdventure
Spills tend to attract unwanted guests, and they never have money for a ticket! Please report any spills to one of our ambassadors or staff members before exiting the building so it can be cleaned as soon as possible. We thank you for your teamwork!
We want your time with us to be a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone involved. For that reason, here are some extra tips from our lady of the house, Penelope!
- Alcoholic beverages served by Newberry Opera House employees and ambassadors are not permitted outside of the building. Please dispose of any unfinished beer or wine before exiting.
- No outside food or drink will be allowed.
- Due to COVID-19, we are temporarily pausing our "doggie bag" refrigerator service for guests attending shows until further notice. Please make other plans for your packaged food from our local restaurants.
- For the safety of our guests and staff, The Newberry Opera House reserves the right to refuse alcoholic beverage service to anyone who is deemed to be at risk of being overserved. Thank you for your understanding in advance.
- When purchasing online, the refill price requires prior cup purchase. As all alcoholic beverages must be served in collector's cups, If you select this option and present to our concessions bars without your collector's cup, then you will need to purchase a new cup before the beverage can be served. A $4.00 Cup Upcharge will be collected at the time of service.