POSITION: Marketing Associate ($12 - $15 per hour)
TYPE: Part Time, Up to 20 hours per week.
REPORTS TO: Marketing Manager
The Newberry Opera House in downtown Newberry, SC is seeking qualified applicants to join our marketing team! We are looking for a dependable, detail-oriented person with excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills. Willingness to learn is a must!
Marketing associates can expect to work closely with account executives and marketing managers, do research, edit copy, and follow trends. The ideal candidate for this position will have excellent administrative and word processing software skills and experience with relevant technology.
- Create and test MailChimp email campaigns that will be sent to the Opera House database.
- Design show material to be used for our next season such as banners, social media posts, website rotators, newspaper ads, magazine ads, etc.
- Create posts through Buffer and monitor social media.
- Carry out projects assigned by the Marketing Manager.
- Conduct analysis of product competitors and organize findings for business strategy when prompted.
- Bring fresh, practical ideas that drive sales and fan interest.
- Revise website content for errors and updates.
- Help create online blog articles and press releases.
- A high school diploma is required. The preferred candidate will be working towards a degree in marketing, communications, graphic design, or public relations.
- Experience with MailChimp, Buffer, Canva, Adobe Illustrator, and various social media platforms preferred.
- Must be able to complete assigned projects in a timely manner, creating content that is in line with our brand and style sheet.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate should also have:
- A passion for the NOH mission and an ability to inspire others to get involved.
- Strong networking, presentation, and relationship-building expertise.
- An ability to work under pressure and be able to receive constructive feedback.
Applicants are invited to apply by email. Please send a resume to email@example.com with the subject line: “YOUR NAME – Marketing Associate”